Saturday, 14 April 2012

Cream tea and patchwork

It's been a while since I blogged (again) which is entirely down to non-stop making and planning for my first fair of the year at RHS Garden Wisley in Surrey organised by Craft in Focus (www.craftinfocus.com).  Needing a little relaxation ahead of this we've decamped to sunny Somerset for a few days TLC, long walks and great food and drink interspersed with sewing - of course!

When we came last year I discovered a gem of a fabric shop almost on our doorstep at Barrington Court, a National Trust property on the Somerset Levels.  Well worth a visit in its own right it has hidden round the back three lovely shops selling pottery, woodwork and - patchwork.

Run by Janet, Barrington Patchwork (http://www.barrington-patchwork.co.uk) is a treasure trove of gorgeous fabric.  Like me, Janet is keen on florals so these are in abundance along with matching plains, spots and stripes in a huge array of colours, children's fabrics, charm packs and layer cakes from some of the best brands available.  I defy you not to find something you fall in love with.


This week I was looking for more fabric for the sunhats I'm making for the Wisley fair.  Each one is unique having two coordinating fabrics and finished with three hand-knitted roses in harmonising colours.  This is the selection I made.


Most crafters I know do not limit themselves to one craft and Janet is no exception.  I happened to mention I like using handmade ceramic buttons in my greetings cards and corsages and lo and behold she produced some of her own work - I just had to have some of these too.



All this shopping makes you hungry so next stop - cream tea!
Lots of love
Alison


No comments:

Post a Comment