Tuesday, 8 January 2013

Quick Monday update no. 1

As promised in my last post I'm aiming to do a quick update on what I'm up to each Monday.  (I know it's Tuesday but had an internet hiccup last night!)

Work in Progress

I made four sheep inspired corsages for a customer from Sparkle at the Landmark Arts Centre in Teddington to choose from for a sheep fan.  She's chosen this the black alpaca with the round sheep button. I'm going to finish the other three and put them in my Etsy shop this week.

I'm also working on a new bunting idea for this year inspired by the Planet Penny Cotton Club yarn.  I love the yarn colours in this selection and am making a simple star shape (so as to be gender neutral) from each colour and am currently knitting the 'ribbon' to hold the whole thing together.  Full picture next week.


I'm also working on a cardigan for myself in some beautiful Sublime tussah silk dk in pale pink which I found on sale in John Lewis last summer (always worth a look at their sale as high quality yarn is half price).  It's from a Sirdar pattern 9562 but I'm going to make it longer in both the body and the sleeves.  It's years since I made a garment for myself but I'm enjoying picking this up in between other projects.  I'm thinking if I wear something knitted to my events I'll look more the part!



Events

This coming Sunday we're off Farnham Maltings to the Quilters Exhibition and Fabrics Sale (it's open 10-4 if you're interested).  I'm keen to see if I can find some fabric suitable for my two new Christmas product ideas for 2013.

Buying Lavender Heart products

I'm working on updating my website with new products and new features and also relaunching my Etsy shop which is sadly completely empty!

It's going to be a busy week.
Bye for now.
Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment