Tuesday, 26 January 2016

Scraps!

I am one of those people who can't resist the things that other people pass over.  When my friend's cat had kittens I wanted the one nobody else liked, the straggly plants left on the shelf I'll take home and nurture - I'm just drawn to the unloved, the waifs and strays.  And so it is with fabric.  I just love scraps, odd shapes, tiny pieces!  The bits that were left, too small to be sold, the remnants, the bolt ends, charm packs - I love them all.

Last year I bought a lovely bag of Liberty scraps from Very Berry Fabrics.  The smallest pieces made some very pretty Liberty heart greeting cards.

Slightly larger ones were great for my umbrella design.

But there were still lots left over - here's a very small sample of these and other fabrics too :)

So I thought I'd see just what I could cut out to use as appliques for my GoodEnoughToFrame greeting cards.  This is the little rectangle from the picture above - one flower and two tulips.

I put the remainder in the 'scrap the scraps' box.  But then again - there was a piece left - too tiny for tulips but ...  maybe super tiny circles could be saved!

Flower centres maybe?








The next piece had been a square I'd used for a flower applique.

Amazingly what was left yielded no less than eight tulips.  This is what I made with three of them.

And so it goes on.  The only problem I've found is that the process starts all over again when you cut out the next items:

gingham cats ...












give way to gingham scraps ...















But planes ...
 fly to the stars!

What do you do with your scraps?

Until next time,

Lots of love
Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment